The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the warehouse including the management of inventory, ensuring efficient storage and retrieval of goods, coordinating shipments, and supervising warehouse staff. The Warehouse Manager ensures the smooth functioning of the warehouse, maintaining safety standards, and optimizing processes to meet organizational goals. This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
Manner Polymers is a flexible PVC compound manufacturer that continually strives for perfection. It is through hard work and pride by all associates that drives our success and is the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Our strong focus on preventive planning and error proofing aides in our drive for growth and success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain accurate inventory records, monitor stock levels, and ensure proper storage of goods. Implement efficient inventory control techniques to minimize discrepancies.
- Oversee warehouse operations, including receiving and shipping of goods. Coordinate and streamline processes to maximize efficiency and reduce operational costs.
- Lead and manage a team of warehouse staff. Assign tasks, provide training, conduct performance evaluations, and promote a positive work environment to foster teamwork and productivity.
- Oversee the maintenance and cleanliness of the warehouse facility to create a safe and organized working environment.
- Implement quality control measures to ensure accuracy and consistency in order fulfillment and shipment processes. Address issues related to damaged or defective products.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing shipments, verify accuracy and compliance with documentation. Communicate with carriers and logistic providers to ensure timely and cost-effective deliveries.
- Assess warehouse operations and identify areas for improvement. Develop and implement strategies to optimize workflow and increase overall efficiency.
- Utilize warehouse management systems and data analytics to monitor performance metrics, track inventory levels, and make informed decisions to enhance operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience in warehouse management or a similar supervisory role.
- Strong knowledge of warehouse operations, inventory management, and shipping/receiving procedures.
- Familiarity with warehouse management software and systems.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively manage and motivate a diverse team.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to withstand moderate physical activity (standing, walking, bending, stooping over, reaching, etc.).
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.