Sr. Mixer Operator
Responsible for all mixer platform operations and serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) of the area. Provide direction to the Mixer Operator. Maintain clean-out of systems and cleanliness of mixer level and lead room. This position reports to the shift Production Supervisor.
Manner Polymers is a flexible PVC compound manufacturer that continually strives for perfection. It is through hard work and pride by all associates that drives our success and is the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Our strong focus on preventive planning and error proofing aides in our drive for growth and success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and initiate batch operations.
- Monitor PLC system and ensure continuous bath operation.
- Work with Production team and Plant Engineer to solve batch problems.
- Ensure availability of correct amount of ingredients to complete run.
- Report equipment malfunctions to appropriate parties.
- Utilize understanding of the production line to troubleshoot process/mixing problems.
- Advise Production Supervisor when opportunities exist for improvement to the production line.
- Troubleshoot problems on scales, product flow, and mixer operations equipment.
- Minimize product defects, downtime, and scrap due to mixer operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years experience on the mixer level
- Basic math/computer proficiency
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Understanding of mixer equipment operation
- Understanding of Manner PLC system
- Able to withstand moderate physical activity (standing, walking, bending, stooping over, reaching, etc.).
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.