Shipping & Receiving Assistant, Mon-Fri, $19.00 per hour
Responsible for incoming and outgoing shipments, resolving discrepancies, and delivering materials to the production area. This position reports to the Warehouse Supervisor.
Manner Polymers is a flexible PVC compound manufacturer that continually strives for perfection. It is through hard work and pride by all associates that drives our success and is the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Our strong focus on preventive planning and error proofing aides in our drive for growth and success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive and unload incoming material shipments including railcar and bulk liquid trucks.
- Pull customer orders and complete the pick list for commercial shipments.
- Load outgoing shipments.
- Load outgoing bulk shipments and complete pick list.
- Pull scrap shipments and complete pick list.
- Perform bagging function.
- Ensure all received material is properly labeled and moved to its designated area.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly warehouse area.
- Operate in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist in moving products to designated areas and delivering materials to the production area.
- Complete receiving report for incoming material deliveries.
- Assist drivers in staging and loading the company truck.
- Resolve shipping and receiving discrepancies.
- Ensure commercial carriers are loaded in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner.
- Review material and quantity received per BOL/packing list for accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic math/computer proficiency
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Understanding of Lot Numbering System
- Understanding of COC, BOL, Pick list, Packing List
- Forklift experience
- Able to withstand moderate physical activity (standing, walking, bending, stooping over, reaching, etc.).
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.