2nd Shift Production Supervisor
2nd SHIFT POSITION SUMMARY
The Supervisor is responsible for achieving established goals, product quality and accuracy, staff productivity, scheduling efficiencies and the oversight of equipment performance and downtime. The Supervisor reports to the Production Manager.
Manner Polymers is a flexible PVC compound manufacturer that continually strives for perfection. It is through hard work and pride by all associates that drives our success and is the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Our strong focus on preventive planning and error proofing aides in our drive for growth and success.
SUPERVISOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership, direction, and technical support for all operators and communicate goals and results to the team.
- Verify and reinforce production procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring quality of all production activities including:
- Mixer Platform / Batching Operations
- Extrusion / Palletizing Operations
- Develop and train new employees.
- Document daily production reports.
- Troubleshoot processing problems.
- Complete weekly safety meetings.
- Communicate maintenance needs and product quality concerns.
- Notify Production Manager of any production requirements and personnel issues.
- Ensure production, health and safety procedures are followed consistently and company policies are enforced.
- Eliminate unwarranted production downtime.
- Minimize quarantine and scrap.
- Ensure production areas are kept orderly and clean.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic math/computer proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Learn and understand extrusion & mixer equipment operation
- Able to withstand moderate physical activity (standing, walking, bending, stooping over, reaching, etc.).
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime
This job description for is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.