Responsible for coordinating and planning work schedules, staffing requirements, and production sequences to maximize productivity. Identifies problems related to production processes and provides production reports to assist process improvement. Suggests and implements improvements and is a knowledge resource for other team members. Ensures a safe, clean, and respectful working environment in all production areas. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
Manner Polymers is a flexible PVC compound manufacturer that continually strives for perfection. It is through hard work and pride by all associates that drives our success and is the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Our strong focus on preventive planning and error proofing aides in our drive for growth and success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and lead production team to meet and exceed customer and management requirements.
- Responsible for adherence to processes, procedures, schedules ,and standards of production and safety.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing technology and practices as needed.
- Provide technical support to supervisors.
- Maximize production efficiency and quality.
- Communicate goals and results to production team.
- Provide feedback between production, maintenance, and scheduling.
- Report on key production matrix.
- Participate in hiring, firing, and other employee relation issues.
- Continuous focus on cost reduction.
- Meet production goals, i.e., scrap and on-time delivery.
- Continuously measure production activities.
- Develop unity and teamwork between all shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferredand5 years experience leading a manufacturing plant; or
- High school graduate and 7 years experience leading a manufacturing plant
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to coach, teach, motivate, and lead personnel
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to withstand moderate physical activity (standing, walking, bending, stooping over, reaching, etc.).
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.