Responsible for processing purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, and maintaining inventory for non-stock, maintenance items. The Junior Buyer will work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchasing decisions based on demand. This position reports to the Director of Supply Chain.
Manner Polymers is a flexible PVC compound manufacturer that continually strives for perfection. It is through hard work and pride by all associates that drives our success and is the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Our strong focus on preventive planning and error proofing aides in our drive for growth and success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure critical items needed for production and maintenance are always in stock.
- Initiate purchase orders for production supplies, equipment related parts and supplies for maintenance.
- Receive and distribute orders and compare receipts to items listed on the purchase order.
- Follow-up on past due receipts.
- Assist accounts payable with related questions about pricing, PO’s etc.
- Locate suppliers for parts that have not been purchased.
- Review maintenance and production expenditures and identify charges.
- Work with maintenance to develop spares lists for new equipment.
- Organize parts storage consistent with 5S principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years purchasing experience
- Previous experience with CMMS or ERP Software for inventory control
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in research and part identity
- Knowledge of critical equipment and supplies
- Able to withstand moderate physical activity (standing, walking, bending, stooping over, reaching, etc.).
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.