Responsible for directing the smooth operation of the plant by planning and coordinating the activities in the design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment and machinery in the manufacturing plant. The Maintenance Manager reports to the Plant Manager.
Manner Polymers is a flexible PVC compound manufacturer that continually strives for perfection. It is through hard work and pride by all associates that drives our success and is the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Our strong focus on preventive planning and error proofing aides in our drive for growth and success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all results related to the maintenance of production equipment and facilities at the plant.
- Provide clear leadership and manage staff to achieve excellence and mentor them as they develop new skills.
- Develop plans to support current and future plant requirements and develop systems in critical areas such as preventative maintenance, spare parts inventories, and work order systems
- Ensure mechanical and electrical expertise is available to production and other departments to maintain production systems, utilities, buildings, and grounds when needed.
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot building automation systems to ensure proper function toward safety and compliance.
- Oversee unscheduled repairs of HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, lighting, electrical, and safety systems.
- Ensure regulatory compliance is maintained and documented. Remain current with the latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
- Responsible for relationship management, both inside and outside the organization and manage vendor contracts.
- Utilize a continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent at troubleshooting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Mechanical ability and skills in electrical controls and pneumatic
- Basic VFD and PLC knowledge
- Basic welding skills
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to use a CMMSto complete W.O.'s and P.M.'s
- Be available to support off shifts when necessary
- Able to withstand moderate physical activity (standing, walking, bending, stooping over, reaching, etc.).
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.