2nd Shift Machine Operator - $21.00 per hour - 3PM-11PM
The Machine Operator is responsible for monitoring product quality, performing cleanouts of mixers, extruders and material delivery systems. The Machine Operator is required to multitask to prep boxes, monitor extruders and prep final product for shipping. The Machine Operator reports to the shift Production Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare & place boxes/super sacks on/off production line, label and strap boxes.
- Forward pellet samples to the lab for testing.
- Monitor product quality and record extrusion process information.
- Purge barrel & clean dies, breaker plates, pellet coolers, etc. for product changes and shutdowns.
- Keep extruders and extruder area clean of powder, pellets, and debris.
- Minimal product defects and minimal downtime due to extrusion operations.
- Eliminate product contamination in boxes.
- Keep work area orderly and clean.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Experience with industrial machinery
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Basic math/computer proficiency
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Forklift experience
- Able to withstand moderate physical activity (standing, walking, bending, stooping over, reaching, etc.).
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime
This job description for is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.