Responsible for monitoring production activities, providing work direction, troubleshooting processing issues, and training new operators. This position reports to the shift Production Supervisor.
Manner Polymers is a flexible PVC compound manufacturer that continually strives for perfection. It is through hard work and pride by all associates that drives our success and is the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Our strong focus on preventive planning and error proofing aides in our drive for growth and success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure quality of production activities including:
- Work direction
- Technical support
- Material handling
- Reinforce production procedures.
- Troubleshoot processing problems.
- Properly train and mentor operators to achieve higher levels of efficiency.
- Operate equipment when needed to fill-in as needed to accomplish productivity goals.
- Attend and participate in weekly and monthly safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Experience with industrial machinery
- Must have mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Basic math/computer proficiency
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Manner PLC system
- Proficient in extrusion/mixer operation and material handling
- Able to withstand moderate physical activity (standing, walking, bending, stooping over, reaching, etc.).
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.