Janitor & Groundskeeper
Responsible for cleaning and grounds maintenance as directed by the Maintenance Manager. The ideal candidate must be task oriented, self-motivated, dependable, and able to work effectively and safely in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the physical appearance of the property.
- Perform general labor tasks, such as sweeping, mopping, cleaning, and dusting.
- Clean employee workspaces such as restrooms, locker room areas and breakrooms.
- Remove litter and debris from entrances and parking lots.
- Restock supplies as needed.
- Perform tasks such as planting, mowing, weeding, fertilizing, sweeping, and raking.
- Operate several types of equipment including power mowers, saws, weed eaters, hedge trimmers, sprayers, etc.
- Clean and upkeep sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Be able to maintain a clean and functional workspace.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume environment.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Able to withstand moderate physical activity (standing, walking, bending, stooping over, reaching, etc.).
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime
This job description for is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.