IT Support Specialist
As a member of the Information Technology team serving both the administrative office and manufacturing plant, the IT Support Specialist plays a crucial role in resolving IT challenges and contributing to the organization's technological advancement. This role operates under the supervision of the Project Engineer.
Manner Polymers is a flexible PVC compound manufacturer that continually strives for perfection. It is through hard work and pride by all associates that drives our success and is the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Our strong focus on preventive planning and error proofing aides in our drive for growth and success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing technical support for various applications and systems.
- Acquisition, stocking, installing, configuring, and maintaining hardware and software systems in both front office and manufacturing plant.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues for employees.
- Basic networking troubleshooting and management.
- Develop automations for custom ERP system under the direction of Project Engineer.
- Troubleshoot and develop new systems / reports / layouts for custom ERP system.
- Support Project Engineer in developing process improvement projects integrating technology with departments throughout the organization.
- Create documentation for IT systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic coding principles, Java experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent; degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Familiarity with computer hardware and software systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships and work collaboratively with cross-functional business teams.
- Demonstrated successful ability to perform accurate work under the pressures of tight schedules.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Basic understanding of server environments.
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.