Responsible for leading and directing routine functions of the Human Resources department including hiring, interviewing, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. The Human Resources Manager reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Manner Polymers is a flexible PVC compound manufacturer that continually strives for perfection. It is through hard work and pride by all associates that drives our success and is the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Our strong focus on preventive planning and error proofing aides in our drive for growth and success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resources policies and procedures with local, state, and federal requirements.
- Administration of employee benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, and 401k.
- Manage updates to pay changes, tax management, and funding of benefit plans.
- Manage annual 1095 and W2 form changes and provide end-of-year forms to all employees.
- Administer company 401k program to include annual 5500 reports and discrimination testing.
- Respond and provide due diligence for employee grievance issues and concerns and appropriate actions for resolution.
- Identify staffing needs for exempt and non-exempt positions and investigate sources to meet goals of each department.
- Manage and report workers compensation claims.
- Investigate and respond to unemployment claims for terminated employees.
- Process leaves of absence requests including FMLA and disability.
- Monitor and manage the performance evaluation process.
- Create and update job descriptions for all positions to ensure top talent is sourced.
- Participate in market research to help maintain competitive compensation practices and policies.
- Manage employee communication and feedback through company meetings, employee satisfaction surveys, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, etc.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices and policies necessary to support a high level of employee engagement and retention.
- Compile and present quarterly reporting at management review meetings for turnover, workers compensation, and environmental and safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- SHRM Certification preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience as Human Resources Manager
- Training and experience in all HR functional areas
- Payroll and third-party experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle conflict and employee situations always treating employees with respect
- Ability to perform in a proactive mode, and to plan and respond accordingly
- Demonstrated professionalism and a positive attitude working in a team environment
- Demonstrated writing and speaking skills for all levels of an organization
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.