Responsible for developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommend and implement improvements to processes, methods, and controls. Coordinate activities in the design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment and machinery in the Plant. The Engineering Manager reports to the Plant Manager.
Manner Polymers is a flexible PVC compound manufacturer that continually strives for perfection. It is through hard work and pride by all associates that drives our success and is the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Our strong focus on preventive planning and error proofing aides in our drive for growth and success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and perform all preventative maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Take lead on all plant projects (expansions, new equipment, etc.).
- Oversee all facilities management (fire code, OSHA issues related to building/equipment, sprinklers, lawn maintenance, security systems, city codes, etc.).
- Source and order all maintenance purchases.
- Support PLC software updates/changes.
- Minimize unplanned equipment downtime and equipment-related quality problems.
- Manage and reduce the cost of maintenance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent at troubleshooting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Mechanical ability and skills in electrical controls and pneumatic
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Basic VFD and PLC knowledge
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Understanding of compounding equipment
- Understanding of material handling equipment
- Understanding of compounding processes
- Understanding of PLC system
- Able to withstand moderate physical activity (standing, walking, bending, stooping over, reaching, etc.).
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.