CDL Driver/Shipping & Receiving Assistant
Responsible for customer deliveries, assisting the warehouse team as needed, and receiving incoming shipments of materials. This position reports to the Warehouse Supervisor.
Manner Polymers is a flexible PVC compound manufacturer that continually strives for perfection. It is through hard work and pride by all associates that drives our success and is the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Our strong focus on preventive planning and error proofing aides in our drive for growth and success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect truck and trailers daily to ensure equipment is in good working condition and meets all DOT regulations.
- Ensure maintenance is completed on truck and trailers as required.
- Complete all DOT documents and logs as required.
- Maintain warehouse/shipping area in a neat, clean, and orderly basis.
- Conduct all responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Pull orders, complete pick list and load trailers for customer deliveries.
- Customer deliveries in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner.
- Maintain safe driving record and legible paperwork.
- Receive incoming material shipments and verify product and quantity against packing list.
- Ensure incoming material is properly labeled and moved to designated area.
- Assist with warehouse responsibilities including bagging, unloading railcars, moving of scrap, etc.
- Assist maintenance in the delivery or pick-up of parts/repairs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Class A CDL License
- Clear driving record for last 3 years
- Basic math/computer proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Lot Numbering System
- Understanding of COC, BOL, Pick list, Packing List
- Able to withstand moderate physical activity (standing, walking, bending, stooping over, reaching, etc.).
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.