Quality Manager/QC Engineering Manager
Responsible for the administration and management of the quality program for all product working through the plant including the management of internal/external relationships relative to quality, management of internal quality control systems, process critical control points, and quality performance improvement and awareness. The Quality Manager reports to the Plant Manager.
Manner Polymers is a flexible PVC compound manufacturer that continually strives for perfection. It is through hard work and pride by all associates that drives our success and is the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Our strong focus on preventive planning and error proofing aides in our drive for growth and success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage QC lab technicians and assist with internal quality issues or questions.
- Manage finished good COA system.
- Troubleshoot production quality issues or quality abnormalities.
- Monitor quality objectives monthly and perform corrective actions when necessary if goals are not met.
- Handle customer complaints or quality inquiry’s and perform corrective actions when necessary.
- Manage current and new product processing conditions.
- Manage and monitor production sample trials.
- Maintain ISO9001 program; perform management representative duties during internal/external audits.
- Maintain UL, CSA, NSF, and 3A programs; perform management representative duties during audits.
- Maintain SDS’s for compounds and raw materials.
- Verify COA’s for incoming raw materials.
- Issue PPAP and PSW documentation for customers when required.
- Maintain IMDS system and issue new and revised IMDS requests to customers when required.
- Respond and issue regulatory documentation to customers when requested.
- Perform color match duties for new colors required by customers.
- Provide clear leadership and manage staff to achieve excellence and mentor as they develop new skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or related quality experience
- Excellent at troubleshooting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.