Responsible for testing and inspecting powder and pellet samples based on established specifications. Communicate results to Production staff as appropriate. This position reports to the Quality Manager.
Manner Polymers is a flexible PVC compound manufacturer that continually strives for perfection. It is through hard work and pride by all associates that drives our success and is the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Our strong focus on preventive planning and error proofing aides in our drive for growth and success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Test in-process powder samples from production mixer for hardness, specific gravity, and color as required for start-ups and other times. Communicate results to production staff.
- Test in-process pellet samples and provide feedback to production staff.
- Test finished pellet samples for hardness, specific gravity, ribbons, and color. Provide feedback to production staff, as appropriate.
- Record all test results per procedures.
- Provide QC product release information to warehouse foreman.
- Complete certificates of compliance & analysis for outgoing finished goods.
- Test incoming raw materials as required.
- Manage 2x2 and pellet retain samples.
- Maintain cleanliness of QC Lab areas and test equipment.
- File CofA’s and MSDS’s for incoming raw materials.
- Perform tensile, elongation, and other tests in support of R&D or as otherwise required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.