Responsible for processing purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, and maintaining inventory. The MRO Buyer will work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchasing decisions based on demand. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
Manner Polymers is a flexible PVC compound manufacturer that continually strives for perfection. It is through hard work and pride by all associates that drives our success and is the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Our strong focus on preventive planning and error proofing aides in our drive for growth and success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain CMMS system and partner with Maintenance Manager to plan work requested by other departments and ensure inventory levels are kept within control.
- Implement inventory audits at regular intervals.
- Initiate purchase orders for production supplies, equipment related parts and supplies for maintenance.
- Obtain purchase order numbers and copies of purchase orders until items are received.
- Receive and distribute orders and compare receipts to items listed on the purchase order.
- Ensure critical items needed for production and maintenance are always in stock.
- Assist accounts payable with related questions about pricing, PO’s etc.
- Maintain preventative maintenance logs.
- Locate suppliers for parts that have not been purchased.
- Follow guidelines for purchasing as established by Manner Polymers management.
- Follow-up on past due receipts.
- Work with accounting to set up new supplier accounts.
- Review maintenance and production expenditures and identify charges.
- Work with maintenance to develop spares lists for new equipment.
- Assist maintenance vendors to job sites.
- Organize parts storage consistent with 5S principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of current experience as MRO
- Previous experience with CMMS or ERP Software for inventory control
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in research and part identity
Knowledge of critical equipment and supplies
- Able to withstand moderate physical activity (standing, walking, bending, stooping over, reaching, etc.).
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.