1st Shift Mixer Operator, Mon-Fri - 7AM-3PM, $21.00 per hour
Responsible for preparing and mixing ingredients for production based on formulas provided on the mixer sheet. Maintain cleanliness of the work area and equipment. This position reports to the shift Production Supervisor.
Manner Polymers is a flexible PVC compound manufacturer that continually strives for perfection. It is through hard work and pride by all associates that drives our success and is the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Our strong focus on preventive planning and error proofing aides in our drive for growth and success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare hand added items for mixing using automated system.
- Take powder samples to lab for testing.
- Keep additive room hoppers filled and ready.
- Clean mixers and material systems for product changes and shutdowns.
- Keep mixers and mixer level clean of powder, pellets, and debris.
- Ensure minimal product defects and downtime due to mixer operations.
- Confirm all hand-add ingredients and weights are correct.
- Keep mixer level orderly and clean.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic math/computer proficiency
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Understanding of mixer equipment operation
- Understanding of Manner PLC system
- Understanding of proper forklift operation
- Able to withstand moderate physical activity (standing, walking, bending, stooping over, reaching, etc.).
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.