Industrial Maintenance Technician
1st Shift - 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
2nd Shift - 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Perform routine activities throughout the facility to maintain production equipment and prevent downtime. Activities include preventive maintenance, daily equipment repairs, following up on work orders, and troubleshooting to identify equipment issues. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
Manner Polymers is a flexible PVC compound manufacturer that continually strives for perfection. It is through hard work and pride by all associates that drives our success and is the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Our strong focus on preventive planning and error proofing aides in our drive for growth and success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to solutions by adding your best understanding.
- Repair industrial equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Change motors, oil, cutting blades, air cylinders, heaters, blowers, etc.
- Change oil, oil filters, air filters, fan belts etc.
- Troubleshoot Control panels and thermal systems.
- Maintain building and grounds. (Sprinkler system, lighting, gates, etc.)
- Use CMMS to document all work performed.
- Ensure safety by practicing good housekeeping.
- Occasionally assist other departments as needed.
- Support other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years minimum of industrial manufacturing experience
- Advanced trades experience. (I.E. Electrical, plumbing, mechanical, etc.)
- Excellent at troubleshooting
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of equipment control systems
- Must have pneumatic experience
- Basic VFD and PLC knowledge
- Basic math/computer proficiency
- Vacuum system knowledge
- Ability to rebuild pumps, manifolds, and motors
- HMI basics and comprehension
- Basic welding skills. Tig is a plus
- Liquid and powder transfer procedures
- PVC Compounding systems knowledge
- Extruder knowledge
Electrical distribution knowledge
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
This position will require a written test to evaluate the skill sets that are desired. This is not an entry level Maintenance position.
- Able to withstand moderate physical activity (standing, walking, bending, stooping over, reaching, etc.).
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.